The appearance of effect finishes is influenced by different viewing angles and viewing conditions. Apart from a light-dark flop and color shift special sparkling effects can be created. The BYK-Mac i spectrophotometer is unique as it measures both multi-angle color and flake characterization in one portable device.
- Traditional 5-angle color measurement: 15° / 25° / 45° / 75° / 110°
- Additional color measurement behind the gloss for color travel of interference pigments: -15°
- Sparkle and graininess measurement for flake characterization
The BYK-Mac i spectrophotometer uses a light source with longterm stability and patented illumination control which providessuperior accuracy and low maintenance for many years.
- Stable, long-term calibration – needed only every three months
- Temperature independent measurement results between 10 – 40°C – without calibration
- Excellent agreement between instruments allowing usage of digital standards among the supply chain
- 10 year warranty on the light source – no lamp changes needed